Thing 2 - Setting up a blog

   I studied Science at University College Dublin (UCD). After graduating I worked in Industry for 5 years. I worked in the area of Quality Control which involved testing in the Laboratory and Production areas. The industries I worked in included food, medical devices and pharmaceuticals. I enjoyed the work. However I wanted to try something different.
     I worked as a Library Assistant in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown (DLR) library service, Dublin. I was based in a branch for 2 years. I covered relief work in the 9 branch libraries for another 2 years. I traveled by bike to the branches, great fun!
   DLR County Council/ Library service sponsored me to study for the Higher Diploma in Library and Information Studies, 2002-2003. The course took place in UCD and was 9 months in duration. It  gave me the qualification to become a Librarian.
   Since the end of 2004 I have been working as an Assistant Librarian with Roscommon Library Service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 6 - Reflective practice

Thing 5 - Video Presentations

Thing 4 - Communicating Visually